When I was younger I used to be OBSESSED with these chocolate covered orange peels my dad used to bring home from time to time, and the other day I found myself thinking about them🤤
The flavor combination just works!
One of the major issues most people have when they are wanting to eat healthier is boredom.
They’re tired of eating the same meals day in and day out, and that’s totally understandable because I would too!
Here is a tip if that is a struggle for you:
Think of some of your favorite foods and then dissect what it is about that dish that makes you like it so much?
Is it the texture?
Is it the flavor?
Is it the presentation?
Once you’ve done that, it’ll be easier to incorporate some of those key elements in the foods you already enjoy!
This oatmeal is my example, and here is the super simple recipe:
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 cup plant milk
1/2 cup coconut milk
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
1-2 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
1-2 tbso carob powder
zest of 1 🍊
1. In a small pot on medium heat combine all of your ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Stir and allow the mixture to thicken
3. Once thickened, after a couple of minutes turn off your heat and continue to stir. As it cools down it will thicken even more.
4.Tranfer to your bowl and garnish and enjoy!
*Carob is a 🍫 substitute that is high in fiber, and unlike chocolate contains no stimulants.
It’s void of caffeine which affects the central nervous system and it is also void of theobromine, which affects the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems.
Fun fact: The reason why we don’t give dogs chocolate is because theobromine is a mild psychotropic drug that can affect their CNS causing vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, hyperactivity and even death in high doses😬
- Check out my children book “Why we eat broccoli” : https://store.bookbaby.com/book/whyweeatbroccoli
- I also offer Catering l Meal Prep l Pop Ups l Private Tasting Menus: https://veatsbar.goprep.com/customer/menu